Take your kids on a “virtual” cultural tour of Germany. Here is a compilation of free resources from around the web, including many free printables, that will help you teach your child about Germany and its culture. Germany is the birthplace of many famous people in history, including artists, musicians, and composers. Albert Einstein, scientist and inventor, was also born in Germany. There is also a German child who became famous after her death when her diary was discovered. Anne Frank is a Jewish Holocaust victim whose diary describes her family’s evasion of the Nazi SS during WWII.
There are many links to artists, composers, famous Germans in history, German holidays, the German language, and fun facts about Germany. Enjoy your “travels” to Germany and have fun as you explore and discover its great and interesting culture!
Biography and Worksheets – Famous German Artists
- Albert Bierstadt (1830-1902) German-American Artist
- Albert Bierstadt | Word Search Worksheet
- “Meet the Artist” Job Application | Worksheet
Biographies for Famous German Composers —
These are printable biography pages for kids. Each biography is 1 page with a picture of the composer.
Wordsearch Worksheets for Famous German Composers — Build reading skills with a printable word search worksheet. Let your students know how many words there are to find and then ask them to complete the word search by identifying and circling the keywords found in the corresponding printable biography.
- George Frideric Handel | Word Search
- Johann Pachelbel | Word Search
- Ludwig van Beethoven | Word Search
- Johann Sebastian Bach | Word Search
Build pre-multiplication skills by skip counting with connect-the-dot worksheets.
German Composers | Coloring Sheets–Add some art to your study of Germany.
- Johann Sebastian Bach | Coloring Page
Ludwig van Beethoven | Coloring Page
Franz Schubert | Coloring Page
Richard Wagner | Coloring Page
Learn to Play the Music
- Here’s a Beethoven piano book with easy-intermediate piano solos. Included in the book is some sheet music for easy piano. This is a free printable book with several arrangements of his most famous pieces including Minuet in G, Beethoven’s Fifth, Moonlight Sonata, Pathetique Sonata, Fur Elise, and Ode to Joy.
Beethoven | Digital Print Piano Book (Easy-Intermediate)
Other Famous Germans in History – Biographies and fun facts
- Albert Einstein – Scientist and Inventor
- Anne Frank – Author of The Diary of Anne Frank
- Adolf Hitler – Leader/Dictator of Germany during WW II
Learn to Speak German
- Here is a website to learn so speak German for free.
Fun German Facts and Printables
Important Holidays in Germany
There are several important holidays in Germany. How did they start and what do they mean for people today?